The domestic dog is believed to be a direct descendant from modern wolves. Dogs have been bred as pets for thousands of years with the earliest known domestication taking place as long as 12,000 years ago. Today, dogs serve man in many ways: as guides, search and rescue, for hunting purposes, to sniff out drugs or other contraband and even to track criminals. There are over 400 recognized breeds ranging from Chihuahua as the smallest example to the Irish wolfhound as the largest.
- This display features a real articulated domestic dog skeleton mounted on a wood base
- Limited quantity item
- These specimens were not prepared by Skulls Unlimited
- The photo shown is an example of what your specimen will approximately look like. Each dog skeleton is unique and will vary slightly in size, shape, color, etc.
- Average Skeleton Length 45.7 cm (18 in.)
- Average Skeleton Height 30.5 cm (12 in.)
- Base Length 55.9 cm (22 in.)
- Base Width 16.5 cm (6.5 in.)
The Clear Plastic Cover Shipped With The Skeleton Is Intended As Protection For The Skeleton During Shipping. It Is Not Intended As A Permanent Cover Of The Skeleton. Occasionally, These Plastic Cases Arrive Cracked Or Broken.