We believe education is the greatest gift osteology can share and that every human specimen can contribute to the advancement of science. These specimens are provided to us by retired physicians, medical researchers, dental professionals, and former university medical programs. We also work with accredited donor programs. A small sample - often antiques that simply do not qualify for medical/research grade usage - are made available to osteology enthusiasts worldwide so that they may continue to educate and inform.
Humans are a species of bipedal primates that have evolved to become the most intelligent and successful species on the planet. Our biology is incredibly complex and allows us to do things that no other species can. The human skeleton is made up of 206 bones that are connected together by ligaments and muscles. Our skeleton is composed of both hard and soft tissues and is constantly changing to accommodate our needs.
Also Available: Human Skeleton Stand (SC-02)
- The skull contains four teeth
- This is a vintage specimen, estimated to date back to turn of the twentieth century. This piece was sourced from a private collection and it is being sold as-is without further cleaning or repairs.
- The skull exhibits a calvarium cut and damage
- Greatest Height 166.4 cm (65.5 in., or about 5'5")
- Greatest Width 39.5 cm (15.6 in.)