The quail has long been a favorite game bird in the United States. Found primarily throughout the Midwest, the quail prefers open grasslands bordered by hedges or woods. In recent years, quail populations have declined due to loss of natural grassland habitat to fescue pastures designed for cattle ranching. Quail are now raised commercially worldwide.
- One-of-a-kind real articulated quail skeleton
- The skeleton is fixed to a thin metal pole
- Repairs have been made to this specimen
- Exhibits handwritten "4025" on the right side of the pelvis
- Skeleton Height 14.3 cm (5.6 in.)
- Skeleton Width 6.6 cm (2.6 in.)
- Skeleton Length 9 cm (3.5 in.)