The turtle, considered the oldest of the living reptiles, first evolved around 200 million years ago. The snapping turtle gets its name from the defensive biting snaps it exhibits when threatened. Its powerful bite can inflict substantial injuries to the curious predator. The snapping turtle, like all turtles, have a modified skeletal structure that includes a boney carapace (or shell) for protection.
- Exhibits damage in some spots
- Sold as-is without further cleaning or repairs
- Greatest Length 47.3 cm (18.6 in.)
- Greatest Width 28 cm (11 in.)
- Greatest Height 14 cm (5.5 in.)