The vampire bat has long been the subject of fear and lore. Found in northern Mexico south to Uruguay, the vampire bat, as its name suggests, feeds on the blood of other mammals. Feeding occurs when the bat locates sleeping prey, bites a tiny hole with its razor-like incisors, then laps the blood with its tongue. It's prey of choice is usually large livestock.
Product Type: Replica
Product Material: High-quality Polyurethane resin
- This skull has been enlarged 8 times the original size, allowing for detailed study of the teeth and unique ear morphology that make bat echolocation (sonar) possible.
- Photo is taken with BC-048 for size reference
- Skull Length 19.3 cm (7.6 in.)
- Skull Width 9.9 cm (3.9 in.)
- Skull Height 12.0 cm (4.7 in.)